Although I haven’t read many books this year that hasn’t stopped me from occasionally wondering into Waterstones and having a quick browse at all the numerous shelves of books and appreciating some of the beautiful covers that have been released this year. Some of these books I haven’t read yet but they’ve been sat in my Amazon basket for far too long and hopefully I’ll have time to read them next year. Anyway, let’s get on to appreciating some of these beautiful covers!
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E Schwab – The covers for this series have always intrigued me as they are so simple yet extremely detailed at the same time. I started reading The Archived by her a couple of years ago and sadly never got into it so I’ve been quite hesitant to read more of her books, but since then I’ve only heard good things about her so I might have to pick up this series next year!
- We Are Okay by Nina Lacour – I’ve seen this book everywhere and I don’t have the slightest clue of what it’s about, nevertheless, the cover is beautiful and from the reviews, I’ve seen so is the story! Update: I’ve just read the synopsis and I need to read it ASAP!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – I swear this book has appeared in nearly every blogmas post so far, but just look at the cover! Not only is it a magical and fantastic story, but so is its cover and I love some of the hardback editions which although are pretty simplistic are stunning. I’ll leave a link to my review here if you want to go and check it out!
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo – Leigh Bardugo’s covers are always beautiful but this is my favourite cover of hers so far because it’s just so elegant and enchanting which just sums up all of the mystical and magical tales inside.
- Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsey Cummings – It’s clear that so much time and detail has gone into this cover and I love watching both of their videos and seeing how excited they get! I love all the colours they’ve used and I’m huge a fan of the whole space and galaxy aesthetic! It’s just so pretty and I need it as a physical copy as soon as it’s released!